Saturday, April 21, 2007

It Must Get Easier, Or Else We Wouldn't Be Here

forgive me, dear
for wanting you for needing you
for everything
I didn’t mean to let it go this far

I drown myself in music
in dark in sounds in words
and hope to God
I can forget all the things I've said to you

it shouldn’t have to be this hard
according to the books movies songs
if we were fictional
you would love me more than life itself

wouldn’t that be beautiful

I don’t know why I need you
I don’t know why I care (you say you care too)
I want you out of my head
I don’t want it to go this far

2 comments:

Walter said...

Very good...When you realize how dependent you are on a person, then the guilt and feelings of "I want to be independent and not rely on this person, besides, it's unfair to make him or her support me" often kick in...I've had it happen.

Still, good poem.

no said...

That was beautiful... :-)