Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Fading with you would be positively nautical

if you and I
we’re going to drown
then let’s drown together
grab onto each other
life preservers both
and float in the darkness
as we slowly sift downwards
onto the sharp edged rocks
that await
if you and I
we’re going to drown
we can at least give each other
a little something else to hold onto
though you have yours
and I have mine
when all the world is
obliterated
by waves and breakers
somehow I know that then
it will be just
you and I
who drown
so we will clutch
at each other
hold on for dear life
as she slips away from you
as I slip away from me
baby, let’s drown together
breathe deep the waves
and sink beyond caring

1 comment:

Walter said...

This one paints a very vivid picture. Perhaps it was not meant to be taken literally, but I did, and...It's quite good that way.