Sunday, June 28, 2009

onetwothreefour...

if you call my name in
the next five seconds (these are the crucial

breathes, you better make them

count) one two three four...


dammit


I can't help wishing

because despite what I tell my

girls (for them I have to be strong, because they

have been so recently shattered)

I would go back in a heart beat if

it was you

who called me there


but dammit


you didn't call my name (you never call)

you don't write (I want long letter spilling out your soul

like when we were shiny

and new like shiny new things)

I know you could make the effort

I know you could

I know you


goddammit


it's not hard

just four letters and an exclamation point (!)

so I know you mean it, so I

know you want me to turn my head and come back to you

c'mon, babe, just try it

it won't

hurt a bit

one two three four...


No comments: