Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Slice of Summer Love (july 2008)

This is how this is going to work

Take your shirt off
Close your eyes
And pretend I’m not here
Can you do that?

Play a few random chords
On the guitar your sister gave you
Because really you don’t know how to play any songs

I will put aside my pen and paper
My camera and my film
This is not a documented moment
As
Of
Now

So you can put aside your pretenses
You don’t have to be the
Boy that they want you to be
When you’re here with me

And I have abandoned almost all my clothing
I’m singing Avril Lavigne for you
(why’d you have to go and make things so complicated)

These are the moments that I will remember
When I leave you here
Shirtless, with your guitar and your uncertainty

This is how this is going to work

Put down your guitar
Look me in the eye and silence my lips with your stare
Kiss me
Yes
Like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my love, thats beautiful.